How We Work
Since the creation of RoleModel in 1997, we have led the industry in applying principles of craftsmanship, collaboration, mentoring, apprenticeship, and studio disciplines to build exceptional software applications.
Our Philosophy Embraces Change
Some of our team members have been writing software since the 80s. (We'll let you guess which ones). In our experience, we have seen one constant: Change. If your project has enough uncertainty that things could change — plan on it.
We know companies rarely intitiate projects in a static business environment. That's why we use agile methods, cross-disciplinary collaboration, user research, and test-driven development which enable us to deliver results dynamically and our customers to get a clearer definition of the software they really need. Our approach emphasizes the ability to:
- Adapt easily to new information
- Maintain constant communication
- Measure success based on frequent delivery of working, tested software
The Value of Working With RoleModel
- Speed-to-Market. Our track record proves that we design, build, and deliver high-quality, lean, and adaptable software.
- Flexibility. We embrace the fact that requirements change, and we do not add unnecessary overhead to incorporate these changes.
- Cost/Value. We bring a toolbox of software to every project and help lower the total cost of development and delivery with a process built on accountability.
- Expertise. We work efficiently from the start, maintaining constant communication to identify risks and make informed decisions.
- Risk Reduction. Our team improves software through collective ownership of responsibility, while our customers receive the benefits of an ongoing delivery process including all the source code and tests for future adaptations.
Our Team Values Greatness
We believe that software development is a craft — part engineering, part artistry. Our Software CraftsTeam™ is made up of developers and designers who not only love what they do, but are enthusiastic learners comitted to solving customers' problems. As a cross-functional collaborative team, we accomplish what craftsmen working alone cannot.